A big thanks to Patty Otto of The Hare and Hound, Budweiser of Spartanburg, Wells Fargo of Landrum, the City of Landrum, and the Landrum Area Business Association and spectators for an awesome evening with the Budweiser Clydesdales parading down Landrum Rd. in Landrum, SC... See you this Saturday at the Blockhouse Races...
Video Reel is of various events around the Carolina Foothills over the past few years...
Anne C. (Tippy) Brown, 86, passed away Saturday, Feb. 28, 2015 after a brief illness. Tippy was the widow of Dr. Harry Brown, the first veterinarian in Polk County, and she had recently moved back to the area.
She is survived by her daughters, Becky Brown of Rutherford County and Sarah Brown, a veterinarian in Mills River, N.C.; and by her grandsons, Thomas Hagler and Cody Brown.
Tippy was a life long equestrian, and she and her late husband were instrumental in starting the Tryon Horse Trials as well as supporting the local Pony Club and Tryon Riding and Hunt Club for many years. Her wit and determination will be greatly missed by her family!
Polk County Courthouse is a historic courthouse located at Columbus, Polk County, North Carolina. It was built in 1859, and is a two-story, "T"-shaped, Greek Revival style brick building. The front facade features an engaged, three-bay portico with a plain pediment supported by four square pillars. Atop the roof is a three-stage cupola.